top of page
  • Callum Pattison

REPORT | West Allotment Celtic 3-3 Seaham Red Star

A Matty Hayton header with 15 minutes to go saved a point for West Allotment, in a game where they could have easily came away with the victory.

100 specatators at a sunny Palmersville witnessed an eventful game where West Allotment took the lead after 10 minutes through Callum Larmouth. The visitors fired back almost instantly through Ryan Bolam to level the game.

Seaham took the lead on 33 minutes as Robinson tapped into an empty net and then Bolam grabbed his second goal of the game a minute later in controversial circumstances to make it 3-1.

Callum Larmouth gave Allotment a lifeline on the stroke of half-time after his free kick found the back of the net before Matty Hyaton completed the comeback on 75 minutes with a powerful headed goal.

West Allotment certainly started the brighter of the two teams and came close to opening the scoring after 3 minutes. Guy Bates nodded the ball into the path of Mikel Thompson and the attacking midfielder guided his effort just wide of the post.

It didn't take too much longer for the hosts to find the breakthrough as Callum Larmouth put West Allotment ahead on 10 minutes. Thompson played the ball to Larmouth who hit the ball first time into the bottom corner.

The lead lasted just a matter of moments as Ryan Bolam capitalised on a mix-up at the back. Allotment failed to deal with the bouncing ball and, in the end, Bolam finished nicely to equalise.

Allotment continued to push as Larmouth and Hayton both saw attempts on goal narrowly miss but ultimately, Seaham punished the missed chances.

On 33 minutes, Red Star took the lead. Hodgson pulled off an excellent save however, the ball fell straight into Robinson's path and the forward made no mistake putting his side into the lead.

A minute later, Bolam netted his second of the game and Seaham's third in strange fashion. Allotment shot-stopper Finn Hodgson claimed a high ball and was then barged over in the air and dropped the ball into Bolam's path and scored. On any other day, a foul and free kick would have been awarded however, not today.

Mikel Thompson was brought down on the edge of the box on 42 minutes and a free kick was awarded. Up stepped Callum Larmouth who struck the ball under the wall and into the back of the net to halve the deficit - Larmouth's 27th goal of the season.

The second half was far less chaotic than the first. Allotment skipper Michael Scott came close to a rare goal on 55 minutes as his shot took a wicked deflection and was saved nicely by Patton.

Thompson also came close on 72 minutes. The playmaker shifted the ball onto his right foot before bending a shot towards goal but, once again, Patton was equal to the shot.

With 15 minutes left on the clock, Matty Hayton fired in a third goal for Allotment to level the game once more. Luke Parkinson whipped in a deep, pinpoint cross from the left where Matty Hayton was waiting at the back post to guide a header past Patton.

Arguably, Allotment should have taken the lead just a minute later. A ruthless counterattack led to a fantastic opportunity for Larmouth however, the strike from inside the box cannoned back off the post and out of harm's way for Seaham.

The visitors had one final opportunity of their own in stoppage time however, Bott's powerful effort from just outside the box zipped past the post.

Allotment: Hodgson, Baltazar, Parkinson, G. Bates, Errington, Scott (c), Larmouth, Forster, Hayton, Thompson (Salim 82'), Pearson (Higgins 61')

Goals: Larmouth (10', 43'), Hayton (75')

Att: 100

Photos | Graeme Jackson

80 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page