top of page
  • Callum Pattison

REPORT | West Allotment Celtic 0-2 Penrith

A Jamie Armstrong brace for Penrith ended West Allotment Celtic’s impressive winning streak on Saturday afternoon at East Palmersville Sports Pavilion.

Just 6 minutes before the half-time break, Armstrong put the Bonny Blues into the lead in a game with very few chances. With 20 minutes to go, the in-form forward grabbed his second of the game to double Penrith’s lead and ensure his side came away with all 3 points.

The visitors certainly started the brighter of the two sides as it took West Allotment a bit of time to truly get into the game. On 5 minutes, Penrith had the first opportunity as some good build-up play resulted in them getting away on shot on goal which drifted wide of the post.

Callum Larmouth had Allotment’s first shot on goal with 9 minutes played as he took aim from the edge of the box however, his low shot was dragged just off target.

With neither side being able to truly take control of the game, chances were extremely rare as both sides were only able to have half-chances on goal with neither goalkeeper being tested.

The breakthrough for Penrith came in the 39th minute. A fast-paced counterattack saw Christopher Humphrey break away down the left-hand side. He delivered a brilliant cross into the box where Jamie Armstrong was waiting at the back-post to head home the opening goal of the contest.

Allotment started the second half off much more brightly. In the 48th minute, Gee Baltazar found himself in some space in the box. He fired a shot away towards goal but, Taylor was able to get a fingertip onto the shot and flick it onto the crossbar and out for a corner.

West Allotment continued to push for the equaliser as they dictated the play and controlled possession. Penrith’s defence stood incredibly firm and didn’t allow the hosts to muster up any real chances.

With 70 minutes on the clock, Penrith landed another sucker-punch as they doubled their lead with Armstrong grabbing his second of the game. A fantastic finish into the bottom corner left Allotment with a whole lot to do if they were to take anything from the game.

The defence of the Bonny Blues continued to stand firm with a Guy Bates header the only shot Allotment could get away - The header was a comfortable save for Taylor in the 86th minute.

Ultimately, the game finished 0-2 to the visitors with the 3 points heading to Cumbria. A first defeat for West Allotment since November.

Allotment: Hodgson, Williams, Parkinson (Leech 68'), G. Bates, Scott (c), Higgins, Thompson (Martins 45'), Errington, Hayton, Larmouth, Baltazar

Attendance: 72

Next up: Sunderland RCA (A) - Saturday January 29th (3pm)

Image Credit | Graeme Jackson

122 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page