top of page

Match Report: West Allotment 4-2 Whitley Bay (Emirates FA Cup 20/08/21)

In what was truly a night to remember, West Allotment Celtic were able to get back to winning ways in a remarkable FA Cup tie against North Tyneside rivals, Whitley Bay.

410 people packed into Palmersville for some Friday night FA Cup football and it was certainly a match to remember. Allotment started the game on the front foot with some tidy passing and movement off the ball. The first chance fell to Regan Paterson after a couple of minutes. He found some space in the box and his shot was parried over the bar for a corner.

Paterson continued to probe at the Whitley Bay defence as he followed up with a long range effort after 14 minutes which sailed over the bar. After 32 minutes, Paterson was able to put us ahead in the game. A well-weighted through ball along the floor left Paterson in a huge amount of space and he was able to keep his composure and calmly slot the ball past the 'keeper to make it 1-0.

There was one more chance left in the first half and this time it fell to Callum Larmouth however, his shot was saved comfortably at the near post. The half time whistle sounded and Allotment went in at the break a goal ahead.

The second half was certainly more action-packed than the first half. It began with an effort from Whitley Bay however, their shot from their striker was well-saved by Finn Hodgson after 49 minutes.

On 55 minutes, West Allotment went 2-0 up courtesy of Callum Larmouth. Some fine play in the attacking third left Larmouth in a bit of space in the box and the finish was superb. Allotment continued the second half with their tails up and a few moments later Larmouth put us 3-0 up.

Rui Martins and Gee Baltazar played some classy football down the right linking up the play. Baltazar whipped the ball into the box and Callum Larmouth volleyed home from just inside the box. A very well-taken goal and Allotment were flying.

After 65 minutes, it began to get a little bit nervy for the hosts. Whitley Bay began to press higher up the pitch and eventually found the net to deny Allotment a clean sheet. Hodgson produced a great save to keep the visitors out however, the ball fell to Jamie Dunn on the edge of the box and his shot found the back of the net after going in off the post.

On 77 minutes the visitors grabbed another goal through Joe Malone which really piled the pressure on Allotment. With thirteen minutes to go, how would Allotment respond? Callum Larmouth getting a hat-rick, that's how we respond.

West Allotment had won a free kick in a very dangerous position just outside the box and Callum Larmouth stepped up to take it. He rifled the shot into the bottom corner leaving the 'keeper rooted to the spot.

On 84 minutes, it could have been five for Allotment. With the visitors piling bodies forward, Paterson was able to break away and drive into the Whitley Bay box but unfortunately his effort went just over the bar.

Allotment were able to see out the rest of the game and record a wonderful 4-2 win at home to see us through to the First Qualifying Round of the Emirates FA Cup.

Manager Jay Bates spoke after the game and commented on the performance of hat-rick hero Callum Larmouth.

"He's a young lad and still very raw finding his feet after moving up a number of leagues. For him to score three goals against anyone will give him confidence but to do it in the FA Cup against a side like Whitley Bay is even better.

"Not only that, his all-round game tonight was very good and we are starting to see what a handful he is both on and off the ball."

Allotment: Hodgson, Baltazar, Scott (c), Williams, Parkinson, Paterson, Beeston (Walker 56'), Errington, Martins, Hayton (Higgins 81'), Larmouth (Dalia Lima 85')

Goals: Paterson (32'), Larmouth (55', 58', 79')

Whitley Bay: Lister, Kharufa (Malone 62'), Dunn, Lama (Weirs 45'), Mcfarlane (c), Taylor, Lowery, Weirs, Shanks (Gaffney 85'), Chanayire, Coulson

Goals: Dunn (65'), Malone (77')

Attendance: 410

260 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page